Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Has Begun, So Too Shall this Blog!

Welcome one and all to my newest project!  This place is just the beginning of what I hope to become a stockpile of my thoughts on dance, choreography, performance in the city (on subways to the stages), the life of the struggling dancer (ahem, and dance writer), and the difficult art of writing about dance that too few bother to think about.


To introduce myself, you should know that I love me some dancing, whether it be out on the town, in a studio or in performance.  Jazz is my my true love though I have studied ballet, tap, lyrical, modern and dabbled and salsa and kinda-sorta dabbled in hip-hop. 


While I love being in the spotlight every now and again I also enjoy being in the audience, pen in hand, watching while scribbling words that come to me - descriptions, names, colors, a feeling that a movement suggested to me.  I have collected notebooks of my chicken scratch but the words on the pages become irrelevant once I write up that one dance review and move on to the next.  Hopefully here, things will be different!

No comments:

Post a Comment